Periodic presentations, often in conjunction with the Linger Longer Living Series, which occur throughout the year. Any future scheduled event will be listed below.
What is up With the Younger Generation???
Understanding My Grandchildren: Millennials and Generation Z
The children now love luxury; they have bad manners, contempt for authority; they show disrespect for elders and love chatter in place of exercise. Children are now tyrants, not the servants of their households. They no longer rise when elders enter the room. They contradict their parents, chatter before company, gobble up dainties at the table, cross their legs, and tyrannize their teachers. — Socrates (469-399 BCE)
Kids today!! How are we to relate to the next generation? Whether they are our grandchildren, our neighbors, our friends children, or our own children, we are all different and relate to the world differently.
These generational differences manifest themselves in religious beliefs and practices, political values, ethics, education, and vocational goals. Come learn how to understand each other better and how to live and work together at church, in the work place, in families, and in communities.
Reverend Doctor Karen Massey is the Associate Professor of Christian Education and Faith Development and the Watkins Christian Foundation Endowed Chair at McAfee School of Theology at Mercer University. Dr. Massey teaches in the area of practical ministry, with her major areas of interest being Faith Development and Worship.
— past topics include —
– Pilgrimages of Life – The Problem of Evil – Centenarians: Can You Live to be 100? –
– Images of God – Common Sense in Public Discourse – Driven No More –
– The Hebrew Scriptures of The Common English Bible – Globalization & the Islamic State –
– The Apostle Paul & the Ancient Corinthians – The Biblical Rembrandt –
– Celtic Christianity – Memorializing the Holocaust – Sex as Sin or Sex as Salvation –
– Why do they hate us? What is jihad? – The Torah: Law & Lore –